Belly fat is one of the largest trouble areas for women and one of the biggest complaints we hear at Skinny Mom. If you feel like you’re eating the right foods or working your abs more than any other muscle group and still aren’t seeing results, there are a few other things to consider. More than half of American women struggle with extra weight in their midsection. The struggle is real. We’ve heard it, we’ve got it, and we’re fighting it just like you. A few things could be (probably are) happening. You think you’re eating the right foods, you haven’t mixed up your ab routine since the 90’s, and you are stressing like you’ve never stressed before.
What’s the number one reason it’s hard to lose belly fat? Hormones. You know what affects your hormones? Stress, lack of sleep, a poor diet, lack of exercise, and of course the obvious factors, menstruation and menopause. So, what’s a girl to do if she’s stressed over her belly fat…which could be caused by her stress? Are you starting to see the viscous cycle? It’s a real pain, we know. Luckily, Prevention has put together a collection of 10 easy ways to flatten your belly. Before you scoff at the word “easy”, give these little nuggets of information a chance, and when you combine these tips with proper nutrition, legitimate toning and fat-burning exercises, and proper sleep, you really will start to see a slimmer version of your midsection.
1. Eat a bowl of raspberries. Packed with fiber, they fight constipation (that can swell your midsection like a balloon).
2. Skip the cocktails. Sure, alcohol may be fat-free, but it’s loaded with calories. It can also raise your levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that helps your belly store fat.
3. Drink lots of water. It’s filling, calorie-free, and keeps your metabolism running in high gear.
4. Sit up straight. Hunching forward makes your belly look bigger. For a slimming effect that actually trains the stomach-supporting muscles to stay taut, sit with your shoulders back, chin up, and lower back supported against the chair.
5. Plant a garden. All the bending, lifting, and twisting help shape your middle, and you’ll burn about 350 calories an hour.
Want to get the rest of these belly slimming methods? Click here to be taken to the original story on Prevention.
For more belly slimming methods, check out Whittle Your Middle with these 6 Must-Try Routines, Yes, 6 Pack Abs are Made in the Kitchen, and Rock Hard Abs Routine. Original Source.