For the last few weeks the kids have been writing in both of their schools what they are thankful for… My oldest is thankful for his family, his friends and football. My youngest is thankful for birds and trees, and the fact I let them keep the foster puppy we were tending to for weeks. But, last night they asked me what I was thankful for and here it is….
- I am thankful to Brooke, for letting me ramble on at Skinny Mom and giving me a voice in the fitness and health arena.
- I am thankful for things that don’t work out because sometimes other doors open.
- I am thankful to people who have criticized and who have given me negative comments on my blog. It has made me a better person and blogger.
- I am thankful to the people who were part of my life before Skinny Mom and who decided to move on in their own directions; even though we didn’t see eye to eye. I take with me your opinions, and it has helped me grow as a fitness person, mother and adult.
- I am thankful for face plants I have taken on some of my journeys and appreciate what I have leaved by tripping and falling.
- I am thankful to those who serve and protect us. I am very thankful for our freedoms.
- I am thankful to my mom who tells everyone who will listen to check out the skinny mom page.
- I am thankful to my husband because he tolerates my computer time and me babbling on to him about what I should write next. And most importantly, I am thankful that he busts his rear daily so that I can stay home with my two boys.
- I am thankful to my kids who believe their mom is the greatest and forgive my mistakes in parenting.
- I am thankful to my friends who try out workouts before I bring them to you and give me honest opinions.
- I am thankful to all of you who read my blog and support Skinny Mom. For those of you who trust us as a fitness and health resource and for those of you who have believed in the brand and the vision of Skinny Mom. Brooke’s vision and work has turned into a dream and reality for me…skinny mom is a very special place.
Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you. The Rhodes’ family is looking forward this Thanksgiving because there is no reason to look back. What was done yesterday can’t be changed, and tomorrow gives us the ability to do better than we did today.