I recently did a post about how amazing Glossybox was and felt the need to show some love to Birchbox. Birchbox is a service that packs five to six samples of high-end beauty products, whether it be skin care, hair care, makeup or nail care in a cute little brown and pink box each month. The box is customized for each client depending on their product interest by completing a questionnaire. I have found that it is a highlight of my month to
tear open that little box and find new goodies to try out. Mind you, these “samples” seem to last me a couple of months. If you want to order a full size product that was featured in that month’s box, they also offer a discount.
I have been a subscriber to Birchbox for a year in a half and honestly only had two disappointing boxes, which is not too bad. The cost is $10 per month and well worth it, especially when they surprise you with a FULL SIZE product 🙂 Last month, I received a full size Stila Bronzer (retails for $26)
Now, I will open my August box!!! This month’s theme is Beauty School Supply Kit which is appropriate for the month of August. Now I must be honest, this is the third box I have gotten that I wasn’t totally thrilled with. But for $10 a month it’s worth the gamble!!! Last month, the box was amazeballs!!!!
So here is a look at what I received in this month’s Birchbox:
- Caldrea Hand Soap: a delicious-smelling soap loaded with aloe vera and olive oil. (Loved the scent and did leave my hands soft.)
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur: this scent is a modern blend of wild berries, mandarin and waterlily. (My daughter literally ripped this out of my hands…….I will be ordering this for her.)
- Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Firming Elasticity Repair: (I’ve been reading a lot about the benefits of Copper so I am excited to try this out.)
- SHU UEMERA Art of Hair Moisture Velvet Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner: (I love Shu Uemera so this should be a win win.)
- Schlick Hydro Silk Razor: (Everyone can use an extra razor so this was great.)
And last but not least, their was a booklet with great beauty tips included!! The box wasn’t a total bummer but I have had better. This is why I haven’t cancelled by subscription. Just be aware that if you sign up, you have to take the good with the bad…….but I’ve found Birchbox to be mostly good!!!
To find out more information or to subscribe for their mailing list, check out Birchbox.