Move 1: Bicycle Crunch
- Lie on your back with your knees and hips at a 90-degree angle. Place your hands behind your head.
- Exhale as you lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Twist your torso to the right, bringing your left shoulder in to touch your right knee. Keep your left leg straight and lifted off the floor.
- Inhale as you slowly lower. Repeat, twisting to the left. Continue alternating sides for 60 seconds.
Bicycle Crunch Modification: Your feet can return to the floor after each repetition.
Move 2: Weighted Jumping Jacks
- Stand with your feet together and your hands at your sides, holding light dumbbells.
- Jump up and raise your arms above your head, while simultaneously kicking your legs out to the sides. You should form an “x.” Without taking a break, quickly reverse the movement and repeat.
Weighted Jumping Jack Modification: Drop the weights and do the jumping jacks.
Move 3: Side Leg Raises with Band
- Grab a medicine ball. Sit in a squat position, hips back, knees behind the toes. Your weight should be in your heels. The ball should be above your chest, below your chin.
- Shoot up through your legs, extending your hips and vertically launch the ball in the air.
- Catch the ball and slowly drop back into your starting squat position. Repeat movement for 60 seconds, getting in as many throws as you can.
Medicine Ball Squat Throw Modification: Decrease your range of motion and don’t squat down as far. Rather than throwing the ball, simply raise it above your head at arm’s length.
Move 4: Bicep Curls
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and let them hang at arm’s length at the edge of your hips. Turn your arms so that your palms face forward.
- Tuck your elbows into your sides and bend them, curling the dumbbells up to your shoulders. Make sure your elbows stay stationary and your upper arms do not move.
- Slowly lower the weights back to your thighs. Your arms should be fully extended at the bottom.
- Do as many curls as you can in 60 seconds.
Bicep Curl Modification: Reduce your weight and only curl the weights to a 45 degree angle.