Move 1: Power Squat
- Tuck your hands behind your head with your elbows facing outward. Stand with your legs a little wider than shoulder-width apart. Squat down, bending your knees and pushing your butt back as if you were sitting in a chair. Make sure your knees stay behind your toes.
- Explode up through the balls of your feet into a vertical leap with your legs fully extended.
- As you land, sink back into the squat position, keeping your knees softly bent. Never land with your legs still extended and never lock your knees out.
- That is one repetition. Do as many power squats as you can in 60 seconds.
Power Squat Modification: Do not squat down as deep and rather than jump, simply stand up on your toes as you extend your legs.
Move 2: Jump Rope
- Stand with rope handles in each hand, resting rope on the floor behind you.
- Swing the rope up and over your head, keeping your arms to your sides and jump over the rope as it hits the ground, scooping underneath your feet. Keep the rotation in your wrists rather than moving your entire arms.
- Stay on your toes as you jump and keep a soft bend in your knees.
- Vary your jumps: two feet, one foot at a time, high knees. Try to increase your speed as you progress.
Jump Rope Modification: (not pictured) Decrease your range of motion by not jumping as high. You can also drop the rope all together and imitate the wrist rotations alone.
Move 3: Side Leg Raises with Band
- Grab a resistance band and lie down on your right side with your legs straight. Wrap the band around the front of your legs, above the knees. Cross them in the back and pull the left-side handle behind your left leg and hook onto your right foot. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight, your left leg on top of your right. Use your right forearm as a kickstand, holding your upper body above the floor.
- Keeping your legs straight, raise your left leg as high as you can. Focus on keeping your knee straight. Lower your leg back to the starting position.
- Lift as many times as you can on this side for 30 seconds. Switch to your left side and complete as many side leg raises with band as possible for 30 seconds.
Side Leg Raise with Band Modification: Complete the move for 30 seconds on each side without the resistance band.
Move 4: Sidekicks
- Stand your feet hip-width apart and hands on your hips, extending your right leg to the side at hip height. Keep inner thigh parallel to the floor and foot flexed for 3 full counts.
- Repeat move for 30 seconds, then switch sides and repeat move for 30 seconds.
Side Kicks Modification: (not pictured) Decrease your range of motion and lower the height of your kick. Keep the kicks at a steady pace, focusing on form and balance.