Move 1: Jumping Jacks
- Stand with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Jump up and raise your arms above your head, while simultaneously kicking your legs out to the sides. You should form an “x.” Without taking a break, quickly reverse the movement and repeat.
Jumping Jack Modification: (not pictured) Step or tap one foot out to your side at a time, returning to starting position in between.
Move 2: Four Corner Box Jump
- Grab 4 index cards or pieces of colored paper. Place one index card in each corner of an imaginary box. Start in the middle, get in a squat position with your feet together, knees behind toes, chest up.
- Jump diagonally to the front right index card. Land on both feet and get back into a squat.
- Jump to the left card, using both feet. Land on both of your feet at the same time, in a squat position.
- Jump back directly behind you, landing on both feet at the same time, in a squat position.
- Jump to the right, back corner with the same form.
- Jump to the front, right index card. That is one rep. Complete as many reps as you can in 60 seconds.
Four Corner Box Jump Modification: Do not squat down as deep and go at a slower pace.
Move 3: Weighted Arm Circles
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand tall with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keeping your elbows straight and your palms facing the ground, raise your arms up so they are level with your shoulders.
- Begin to draw small circles with your weights. Keep your feet grounded, back straight and abs in tight. Do not arch your back. If you feel yourself swaying, drop to a lower set of dumbbells.
- Switch directions between clockwise and counterclockwise after 30 seconds.
Arm Circle Modification: Drop the weights and lower your arms to a 45-degree angle as you do the circles.
Move 4: Stair Run
- Simply sprint up the stairs!
- Keep your body tall, with your head elevated, and your eyes looking forward.
- Lead with one leg to the first platform and lead with the other leg to the next platform.
- Run two steps at a time for increased difficulty.
- Run as many stairs as you can in 60 seconds.
Stair Run Modification: Go step by step and decrease your pace.