Move 1: Chair Dips
- Sit on the edge of a stable chair and place your hands behind your hips. Lift your tush off of the seat and walk your feet out. Keep chest elevated, head up.
- Inhale, bend your arms, and lower your butt while keeping your legs straight. Stop when your elbows are bent at 90-degree angles. Exhale and push yourself back up, straightening your arms.
- Repeat as many times as you can for 60 seconds.
Chair Dips Modification: Walk your feet in closer to the chair and keep them bent. Your feet should be flat on the ground.
Move 2: Bicep Curls
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and let them hang at arm’s length at the edge of your hips. Turn your arms so that your palms face forward.
- Tuck your elbows into your sides and bend them, curling the dumbbells up to your shoulders. Make sure your elbows stay stationary and your upper arms do not move. Slowly lower the weights back to your thighs. Your arms should be fully extended at the bottom.
- Do as many curls as you can in 60 seconds.
Bicep Curls Modification: (not pictured) Reduce your weight and only curl the weights to a 45 degree angle.
Move 3: Flutter Kicks
- Lie on a mat with your legs fully extended.
- Raise your legs to a 45-degree angle, hovering over your mat.
- Keeping abs tight, raise your upper body off the mat making sure that your shoulder blades are not on the mat.
- Extend your arms down towards the side, palms facing downward.
- Kick legs in a quick up and down motion for 60 seconds.
Flutter Kicks Modification: Lie completely on your back, placing your hands beneath your butt for added back support. Lift your legs higher to make the move easier.
Move 4: Burpees
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands tucked behind your head, elbows out. Start with a quick jump.
- Land in squat position.
- Kick your legs backward, so that you’re now in a pushup position.
- Quickly reverse the movement to return to the starting position by bringing your feet back into your hands. Push through your feet and jump up to the start position. That’s one rep.
- Do as many burpees as your can in 60 seconds.
Burpees Modification: (not pictured) Do not jump to get into the squat position and step back one foot at a time instead of kicking back.