Argan Oil is the new “it” product in the beauty industry right now and rightfully so. It is one of the rarest and most expensive oils in the world, contains numerous benefits as a miracle ingredient that not only protects and nourishes your skin, but reverses environmental damage, wrinkles and premature aging. It is an excellent moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin. If your skin is very dry and gets red and sensitive in cold and windy weather or if it is sensitive to commercial skin care products, try Argan oil instead of your normal moisturizer. The oil also works wonders on dry patches of skin on elbows and knees and it can be used to moisturize and heal cracked skin on the heels. Argan oil also has many medicinal benefits and can help lower cholesterol, soothe ailments caused by skin conditions such as chicken pox, acne and psoriasis and aid in inflammation.
Benefits of Argan Oil on the face and body:
- Even though the thought of applying pure oil to your face may be scary, especially if you have sensitive skin, many have been doing just that and report that their skin is completely turning around. It’s smooth, clear and radiant, all thanks to using argan oil as their daily morning moisturizer.
- Argan oil can be used as a full body moisturizer, applying just as you would a body lotion or cream. Apply the oil right after you get out of your shower for best moisturizing results.
- Argan oil is a great oil to use on your hands, especially on your cuticles and on your nails if they are prone to cracking and peeling.
Benefits of Argan Oil for the hair:
- Penetrates the hair shaft improving the elasticity and preventing breakage
- Contains vitamin E which is great for a healthy scalp and repairing damaged hair
- Adds shine and makes hair smooth
- Contains unsaturated fats, omega 3 and omega 9 which helps prevent split ends by strengthening the protein bonding structures of the hair
- Prevents dry, itchy scalp
- The natural antioxidants help strengthen hair
- It can be used as a hot oil treatment or as a leave-in/sealer
- Argan oil contains flavonoids that act as a natural anti-inflammatory both internally and externally.
- The oil is considered highly beneficial for arthritic or rheumatic conditions.
- It is helpful for lowering cholesterol levels, stimulating circulation and strengthening the body`s natural immunity.
- It is used to soothe skin ailments like chicken pox, acne, psoriasis, and dry eczema. It is also used to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Argan oil is also known to have aphrodisiac and tonic properties.
It seems that using this amazing oil is a no brainer, but there are so many different ones to choose from. I have tried a couple and my favorite — even though it is more pricey — is Josie Maran’s line of Argan products. She offers a full line of products and has an amazing Argan Balm that I keep in my purse. It’s great for cuticles, dry spots, flyaways, you name it! It really is a multi-purpose product.