Want a fast, easy, yet delicious way to pack a bunch of veggies into a meal? Nothing does this better than a stir fry. If you chop the vegetables and chicken ahead of time, you can throw it together even faster in these six easy steps. This recipe is sure to please your pickiest eaters!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces or strips
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut on a bias
- 3 bunches of broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- Cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan on the stove. Dredge the chicken in the cornstarch and cook in the oil until done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Cook onion until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add remaining veggies and sauté until cooked but still crisp.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, then add chicken broth. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the oyster sauce and return the chicken to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
6. Serve over cooked rice and enjoy!