I thought I knew everything there was to know about the crafty uses for baking soda: homemade cleaning products, detergents, and not to mention baking yummy foods! However, after some online research I found you can add baking soda to your DIY beauty product routine as well. Gosh, I love this stuff. The best part is you can get a box for a dollar at your local grocery store.
Here is a list of things you can do with baking soda at home to freshen up your beauty routine–and for a fraction of the price you’d be paying at a salon or spa!
1. Dry Shampoo: sprinkle a little bit on your roots to soak up excess oil in your hair. Bonus: You can even add it to your shampoo at home to get all that hair product build up out of your hair.
2. Facial Scrub: mix a tbsp. of baking soda in your hand with your facial cleanser to make an exfoliant. Rinse as usual.
3. Teeth Whitener: dip your toothbrush (with or without toothpaste) in some baking soda to brighten up those pearly whites. It helps with bad breath too!
4. Dry Skin Remedy: use as a body scrub; mix 3 parts baking soda with one part water in the shower and gently scrub where you have dry skin.
5. Bath Soak: Add a cup of baking soda to a bath. Baking soda will help clear and cleanse your skin, and can help soothe itchy or rashy skin.