It’s summer time! And that means lots of days at the pool and beach staying cool in the water. Kids are naturally attracted to water whether it’s bath time or splashing in puddles after a warm summer rain. It’s one of the places where they can make a mess and no one seems to care. We might even join them!
Because they spend so much time outdoors and in the water, it’s necessary to have swimwear available. Usually one swimsuit will do, but if you have a water baby, several pieces may be in order. Trends for bathing suits and swim trunks are just as varied as street and dress up clothes – ranging from frilly to vintage to rock star to simple and plain. It’s just a matter of finding a place that carries your style. Following are some ideas for unique and fun swimwear for baby, girls, and boys, but this is just the tip of the iceberg!
1. Roxy is a popular and famous brand well known for its beach and surfing-inspired attire. Roxy’s beach clothes are edgy, cool, and perfect for long days in the sun and sand. With sizes for girls from 2T through 14 years, there is a wide range of gear available. Roxy offers boardshorts, rashguard sets, one pieces, bikinis, tankinis, etc.
2. For the girly girl, Kate Mack has the cutest swimwear. With ruffles, petals, cherries and stripes, Kate Mack offers swimsuits in a variety of styles for every little princess.
3. Looking for something especially unique? Chichanella Bella offers a vintage-inspired collection with lots of ruffles and polka dots. They even have matching bathing caps. These suits are perfect for covering a little more of baby’s skin. Chichanella Bella’s suits would also be perfect for adorable pictures.
4. It’s also possible to find really unique swimwear at smaller online boutiques. It might require a bit more searching, but sometimes finding the perfect item is worth searching for! Lula in London carries an adorable swimsuit and swim trunks by Alsolete. The thick, soft cotton is different from the typical stretchy lyrca suit making it perfect for outdoors even if no water is in sight.
5. As usual, finding something for the boys is a bit trickier. The shorts from Lula in London is one option. Another good source is Appaman. They carry traditional, classic boardshorts in a variety of color options. Their collection for girls is a bit smaller, but also worth checking out.
6. Thumbeline, another amazing children’s boutique, also carries some awesome styles for girls and boys. With fantastical and interesting styles from Pop Up Shop, Dagmar, Kids Case, Munster Kids, and Wovenplay, you won’t be disappointed with their selection of swimwear.
The choices are limitless. Finding just the right style for the kids this summer will be a fun and easy task with all the options available!