October is a great sports month with football in full swing and the baseball playoffs starting this week. My husband and I both grew up playing and watching sports. Our weekend activities are often dictated by sporting events. I’m a Cincinnati Reds and Bengals fan while my husband cheers for the New York Yankees and Jets. Needless to say, our son has his share of apparel from these teams. So, I often shop for team neutral, sporty items for our son. If you also live in a divided house, here are some great team neutral, sporty items for your son or daughter.
1) BabyLegs has a fun collection of sporty leg warmers and socks. Their socks don’t fall off of my son’s feet as easily as some others, and their leg warmers not only keep baby’s legs warm, but they also help protect a baby’s knees and legs when they’re crawling.
2) Skidders makes sporty shoes, socks, and knee pads for babies and kids. While they have officially licensed NFL, MLB, and Collegiate varieties, their general sport themed items, like these baseball shoes, are just as cute.
3) Etsy is a good place to find unique sports items for your kids. You’re also supporting small, independent artists when shopping. I love this baseball onesie I found on Etsy. It’s team neutral, but it’s red and white which also happens to be the color for the Cincinnati Reds.
4) San Diego Hat Company make this adorable football hat that can be ordered for 6 months up to 6 years. What a great way to stay warm this fall by wearing a football hat.
5) My son was only two months old for his first Halloween last year. So, I know when looking for a costume, you want something that’s cute and warm. If you’re looking for a sport themed Halloween costume for your baby’s first Halloween, these football or baseball costumes would be an easy wear.