You’ll never use another salmon recipe after you try this one! The fish is moist and filled with flavor, nutrients and Omega-3’s, making it the perfect meal for the seafood loving family! It’s delicious without sacrificing the health benefits, coming in at under 350 calories per serving.
Skinny Sweet and Spicy Salmon
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 salmon fillet
- Four, 4-ounce fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- *Optional ingredients are not included in the nutritional calculations.
- In a shallow dish, combine honey and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and lightly brush onto each salmon fillet, flesh side up.
- In another shallow dish, combine brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin to make the dry rub. Using your hands, rub mixture onto the flesh sides of the salmon fillets.
- Heat a large iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add salmon fillets skin side down and immediately reduce heat to medium-low. (If you have a splatter guard, I recommend placing it on top at this time.)
- Pan-sear salmon for 7 minutes, flip and fry for an additional 1-2 minutes or until center reads 145º F. (Cooking times might vary depending on the thickness of each fillet.) Remove from heat and serve each fillet on(optional) ½ cup brown rice.
Per Serving: 1 salmon fillet
Calories from fat: 107
Saturated Fat: 2g
Copyright 2015 SkinnyMom.com