This is a Guest Post submitted by HellaWella. HellaWella aims to take the stuffiness, the snobbery and the holier-than-thou out of the healthy lifestyle culture and bring it back down to earth. For tips, news and trends on healthy eating, fitness, general health, home and gardening, and eco-friendly living, follow HellaWella on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, and sign up for the free daily e-newsletters at HellaWella.com.
Burgers are a favorite amongst kids and adults alike. They make a quick meal that’s sure to please. Veggie burgers are an ideal way to give the staple a healthy spin so here is a list of the top 5 veggie burger brands.
1. Morningstar Spicy Black Bean Burgers Nutrition: 120 calories, 11 g protein, 4 g fat. Have water on hand for these fiery burgers.
2. Amy’s All-American Veggie Burger (vegan) Nutrition: 140 calories, 13 g protein, 3.5 g fat. Redefine the “all-American” meaty barbeque.
3. Gardein Ultimate Beefless Burger Nutrition: 130 calories, 17 g protein, 5 g fat. This burger is “beefed up” with textured vegetable protein.
4. Boca Cheeseburger Nutrition: 100 calories, 13 g protein, 4.5 g fat. Cheesy goodness without all the fat.
5. Dr. Praeger’s Meatless All-American Burger Nutrition: 130 calories, 15 g protein, 4 g fat . This burger holds up great on the grill.