I put this dish together in less than 5 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Not if your freezer is stocked with the right ingredients.
I love cooking from my freezer! All you have to do is pull the ingredients out, layer them in a large casserole dish and bake! In fact, I didn’t even oil the dish or heat up my oven before I put the casserole in there. Talk about lazy… errr… easy!
I’m a firm believer in a well-stocked freezer. Because if you have everything you need on hand, clean eating doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. You can literally prep a full meal for the entire family in under 5 minutes!
The sauce I used here is called Bone Suckin’ Sauce. It’s fantastic stuff, and will season almost any dish to perfection. But you don’t have to use that particular sauce. In fact, this entire recipe is totally easy to customize based on what you have on hand. Even the amounts!
Cooking for 1? Use 1 chicken breast and cut down on everything else accordingly! Cooking for 8? Double up on the recipe! And the size of the casserole dish should be whatever you have on hand that fits the amount you want to make.
I promise, this is one of those recipes you can’t mess up, so don’t be afraid to “mess it up”. You really can’t, I promise.
CLEAN EATING BARBECUE CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 4 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen brown rice
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of your favorite clean eating barbecue sauce (2 cups)
- Using a large casserole dish, layer the ingredients in the order listed.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Place in oven and bake at 350º F for approximately 1 hour, or until the chicken reaches 165º F on a meat thermometer. Time needed can vary by oven.
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
About the Author
Tiffany McCauley publishes TheGraciousPantry.com, a website dedicated to clean eating recipes for everyday living. She lives in Sonoma County with her son, “Mini Chef”. Her latest cookbook, Clean Eating Freezer Meals, is available for purchase at select bookstores and Amazon.com.