If this unpredictable spring weather isn’t attacking your mood, it’s attacking your hair. The rain, humidity and sudden winds are enough to turn even the most sleek hair into a frizzy mess. Once the warmer air moves in, my blowouts become a thing of the past. So I must learn to just let my hair do what it wants; with the help of these amazing products and accessories, I am ready for the humidity. Here are five products to help you beat the unpredictable weather this spring and keep you looking fabulous!
- Hydrating Shampoo: Even in the wet weather, you have to make sure that your hair is hydrated with the right hair products. Use a moisturizing or hydrating shampoo without alcohol. With frizzy hair, you don’t need to wash it every single day; skip a day in between washings. However, you should condition your hair every day and use a deep conditioner once a week to help tame the frizzies.
- Moroccan Oil Frizz Control Spray: I love Moroccan oil products, and their Frizz Control spray is no exception. The spray eliminates frizz and controls static for puffy, hard-to-tame hair in any weather.
- Quidad’s Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel: For those of us with curly hair (me) the humidity and rain that come with spring can mean unruly hair and messy curls. Ouidad’s Climate Control Heat & Humidity gel helps fight the frizz by protecting the hair shaft and leaving hair hydrated without puffiness or buildup.
- Living Proof No Frizz Straight Making Styling Cream & No Frizz Straight Making Styling Spray: For those who insist on straightening their hair or who have “that” hair that is repellant to frizz, yes I hate you! These products are for you.
- A humidity-fighting product: Everyone needs humidity protection that can work in a downpour, even if you are blessed with hair that does not frizz–yes there are such creatures. Living Proof No Frizz Straight Making Styling Cream (for medium to thick hair) and No Frizz Straight Making Styling Spray (for fine hair) contain a lightweight non-silicon molecule that repels moisture. These products are light and perfect to keep frizz resistant hair in place even during rainy weather.
Rain doesn’t have to spoil your day. Think of it as an opportunity to try out a different fashion accessories such as hats and headbands.
- Grab a Hat: When the weather is wet and nasty plan to wear a hat. If a hat is not suitable for the office, no worries, simply put your hair into a low side pony tail and tuck the tail into your blouse. This way your hair is protected against the rain drops and when you get to your destination you can take it off. Fedoras or wide brimmed hats are my favorite. Here are links to two of my favorite styles from Swell. For style one click here. For style two click here.
- Strap on a Headband: Sometimes a headband is all you need to salvage a hair style. It will give you a little control over what was originally a cute look while fashionably holding the hair down and off of your face. Headbands are definitely a must have for all hair types and lengths. The shop Lemons & Lace has the cutest headbands and they can easily transition from the gym to a girls night out. They offer many styles and patterns that add instant glam to any outfit.
And last but not least……make sure you have an umbrella!