With the holiday season approaching, this is sure to be a hit at your next party. I love peppermint and eggnog so together they are incredible. This is a great punch that is simple to whip together. You can even use candy canes as drink stirrers for an extra festive touch. This recipe can easily be modified by simply omitting the rum.
- 1 half gallon peppermint ice cream
- 1 half gallon egg nog
- 1 1/2 cup rum (optional)
- 2 liter bottle of ginger ale
- Additional peppermint ice cream (optional)
- Peppermint sticks (optional)
- Place ice cream in a large chilled punch bowl; stir until softened.
- Gradually stir in eggnog. If desired, add rum.
- Add desired amount of ginger ale to reach desired consistency.
If desired, top each serving with additional peppermint ice cream and peppermint sticks. Makes 18 (6-8ounce) servings.