I always worry about what kind of toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis. There are so many things that are not healthy and we take them in every day. We breathe them in, touch them, and eat them. So when I can find something that can reduce or eliminate that type of exposure, I love it! Young children are especially susceptible because they are smaller. When they are exposed to the same amount of a toxin as an adult, the affect can be more severe.
Now my daughter is 17 years old now, so we don’t use this much anymore, but we definitely did when she was younger. Finger painting was one of my favorite activities as a child; when I found this recipe to make homemade, non toxic paint, I immediately started using it.
Try it and see what you think!
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ c. cornstarch
- 2 c. water
- food coloring
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- It will start to thicken.
- Cool and then pour into containers and mix in food coloring or food paste (if you want more vibrant colors).