According to Webster’s dictionary, Maintenance is the process of keeping something in good condition: “car maintenance”; “essential maintenance work”.
Keeping something in good condition- my body! I have been at my weight goal for 6 months and have weighed in monthly at Weight Watchers to help with my maintenance. Unfortunately, when I went to “weigh in” this month I was above my range by 1.2 pounds. I was completely devastated! I wanted to play dumb and act shocked that the scale read that number. I know it is not because of my exercise plan, it is my eating. I have been very lax in this area and pretty much eating anything I want. I was using the excuse that I was training hard for my triathlon and I had worked hard so I deserved it. Actually that number makes my BMI 26 instead of my usual 25, which is considered in the healthy range. I know 1.2 pounds isn’t a ton, but it is a start down a path that I don’t ever want to go down again!
Here is my plan to get back on track and keep my body in good condition:
- Write down everything that goes in my mouth. If I bite it I will write it!
- Don’t bring things in the house that I can’t avoid when they are in front of me. (Chex Mix, Chocolate, etc.)
- Get 5-8 servings of fruits and vegetables before “treats.”
- Drink at least 80 oz. of water each day
- Continue to follow the triathlon training plan and half marathon plan.
- Attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings
Are you trying to find a healthy balance with your exercise and eating? What works for you? Are there certain foods you just can’t have in your house?
(Image Via www.gmaonline.org)