This dish tastes to good it’s hard to believe it’s healthy! Under 350 calories per serving, this lasagna combines all of our favorite things in one place: cheese, turkey, spinach and noodles, and turns them into something fabulous that your entire family will love. Even the pickiest of eaters will ask for seconds!
Lean Turkey and Spinach Lasagna
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: Approximately 1½ cups
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 23 oz jar reduced-sugar pasta sauce
- ½ cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups low moisture, part-skim, mozzarella cheese,
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to box directions until al denté. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Lightly coat a large, deep skillet with nonstick cooking spray and saute onions until transparent.
- Add turkey and garlic and cook until turkey is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, mushrooms, Italian seasoning and pepper, simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine chopped spinach and ricotta.
- In your baking dish, arrange ⅓ of noodles (3) in bottom of dish. Spread ⅓ of ricotta mixture, ⅓ turkey mixture and ⅓ of the mozzarella. Repeat 2x, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese becomes bubbly. Sprinkle parsley on top. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Per Serving: (Approximately 1½ cups):
Calories from fat: 91
Saturated Fat: 6g
Copyright 2015 SkinnyMom.com