- 1-1/4 cups flour 1 cup salt
- ¾ cup cinnamon 1 cup water
- ¼ cup ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients except ground cloves in a medium sized bowl.
- Knead mixture well.
- Use ground cloves to “flour” the surface on which you roll out the mixture.
- Roll to ¼ inch thick and cut with your favorite holiday cookie cutters.
- With a straw, punch a small hole at the top of each ornament.
- Place on cookie sheet dusted with cinnamon and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Ornaments can be painted or left plain.
I also found a very cute family fingerprint ornament that we will be making for our own tree this year as well.
Family Fingerprint Ornament
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
Mix all ingredients until it is the consistency of playdough. Form into shape (like a circle) to accommodate one fingerprint from each member of your family. Bake at 250 degrees for two hours, cool, then spray with metallic paint for a shiny happy Christmas memento from 2012!