We understand that pizza is a Friday night staple in many of your homes, but instead of blowing away all your week’s hard work with a couple slices of thick crust meat madness, give one of these 14 slimmed down remixes a try. Whether it’s through pasta, pizza muffins, or a lower carb crust, you can still enjoy the fabulous pizza and cheese flavor we all know and love with much less fat and calories.
1. Pasta Pizza Casserole: This is every Italian lovers dream! Pasta, meat, and cheese all in one awesome pizza themed dish? Yes, please!
2. Skinny Hawaiian Pizza Pasta: While we’re on the topic of pasta, consider this fun pizza twist! Sweet, salty and savory come together to make a great meal for the family. Be prepared for many requests for seconds…and thirds.
3. Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Peppers: If you haven’t jumped on the stuffed peppers bandwagon yet, you’re seriously missing out. We’ve tried cheesesteak stuffed, taco stuffed, sausage and goat cheese stuffed, but pizza stuffed peppers are definitely one of our favorites. (via Rachel Cooks)
4. Raw Pizza with Spinach Pesto & Marinated Vegetables: This pizza is unlike anything you’ve tried before! The raw pizza crust made of hemp seeds and walnuts will impress any health conscious guest, and the spinach pesto will leave you feeling like you just indulged. The best part? There’s definitely no post-pizza bloat coma following this healthy dish. (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
5. Zucchini Pizza Boats: Did your low-carb diet plans leave you feeling like you could never enjoy pizza again? You’re so wrong! You get cheesy and meaty with this decadent, low carb pizza hack.
6. Roasted Red Pepper and Arugula Whole Wheat Pizza: If you have picky eaters and want to stay close to a traditional pizza without all the additives, this is a great choice. The red pepper sauce is a great marinara swap that you can sneak past the kids! (via Marin Mama Cooks)
7. Pizza Chicken Tenders: No, you didn’t read that wrong. The recipe does say pizza chicken tenders, and we’re just as excited as you are. Pizza and the taste of fried chicken in one dish? Yes, please! (via Rachel Cooks)
8. Skinny Pizza Wrap: This is one of our go-to lunches when we’re going to be out and about and we don’t have a lot of time for meal prep in the morning. Great pizza taste all conveniently wrapped up and ready to go!
9. Roasted Veggie & Ricotta Pizza: When your grown up tastes want something a little more sophisticated than pepperoni and sausage, this roasted veggie and ricotta pizza is a winner every time.
10. Lemon Arugula Pizza: This pizza, inspired from a salad, makes for a great healthy pizza alternative. The freshness factor from the arugula and fresh lemon will keep you coming back for more. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
11. Skinny Mini Caprese Pizzas: These take all of 2 minutes to make and are still so good. If you’re not caprese-obsessed like we are, swap the toppings for your preferred tastes. Heck, customize an English Muffin pizza for everyone in the family.
12. Personal Pan Egg White Pizza: This recipe is so easy to make it’s actually hard to call it a recipe. Egg whites, vegetables, cheese and ketchup combine to deliver a heaping portion of nutritious, full flavor goodness to start your morning off right. (via Dashing Dish)
13. Zucchini Pizza Bites: Besides being adorable, this is a total guilt-free pizza snack you can enjoy without worry. These bites are a perfect solution to satisfying that need for pizza flavor without going overboard with simple carbs. (via Skinnytaste)
Who said eating skinny was boring?! All it takes is a little thought, a little creativity, and a little time to make magic happen in your skinny kitchen!