Ever sit down at the computer to do one thing, and one thing turns into another and another and you actually forgot why you sat down to begin with? I do it all too often. Today’s surfing led me to quite a commitment. I signed up for my first half marathon! In all honesty, I had really been contemplating it, but actually clicking the button and paying the money has made it all very real.
I think an October half marathon will be beautiful, running around looking at leaves in (hopefully) enjoyable temperatures. I printed off this training plan right away, so that I could fit it in to my current triathlon training plan. It actually fit in perfectly!
Here are my plans in preparation for the half:
- Stick to the training plan as closely as possible.
- Make training a priority…early morning runs!
- Continue the goal of 5-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Figure out how many calories I need to consume while doing long runs.
- Have fun and enjoy the experience!
Have you ever done a half marathon? What is your favorite time of year to run? Any advice for a newbie 13.1er?