Total Body Toning Routine
1. Jumping Jacks – get your heart beat going right from the start with jumping jacks (make this movement as big as possible – no lazy jacks!!)
2. 3 Point Kicks – start with your feet staggered, right foot in front and your hands up (a typical kickboxing starting position). Kick your right leg out in front of you, then kick to the right side of you, and then leaning forward, kick your right foot behind you. SM CHALLENGE: try to keep your right foot off the floor the whole time, instead of resting your foot on the floor in between kicks. This will engage your core as you have to work hard to balance yourself. Repeat with your right leg for 30 seconds, then move to your left leg for 30 seconds.
3. 180 Squat Jump – complete a normal squat, but instead of standing back up into starting position, you’re going to explode in a high jump and turn 180 degrees so you’re facing the other side. Make sure you land with your feet in the same past-shoulder-width-stance and land with both feet at the same time to avoid knee injury. Make your jumps strong and explosive and keep your core engaged the whole time to burn the maximum amount of calories. Repeat for 1 minute.
4. Sit Ups – complete a good old fashioned sit up as many times as you can in the 1 minute period. It helps if your feet are contained, so slip them underneath a couch or have your workout buddy (or kids) sit on your feet to keep them in place.
5. Square Calf Jumps – jump on 4 different points on the floor to make the shape of square. Don’t let your heels touch the floor. By keeping on your toes, you’re engaging your calves to help with the jumping, not so much your quadriceps. Complete for 1 minute.
6. Burpess – this is one of the best total body exercises, so you’re going to finish this 6 minute total body routine with this powerhouse move. Start standing straight with your feet wider than shoulder width apart. Squat down so your hands are on the ground and kick your legs out. Jump your legs back up to your hands and stand up. Add a jump when you stand up if you can handle it. If you can’t do it now, make this a goal that you work your way up to. Complete for 1 minute.
7. REST for 1 minute then repeat the sequence again for a total of 5 times through!