Skinny Mom is going to get your legs summer ready with this Friday Fitness Challenge Short Shorts Routine. Unless you plan on wearing 5 inch wedges all summer long at the pool, we’ll have to work a little harder to achieve the long, lean leg look this summer! An important key in seeing changes in leg’s problem areas, is to really stretch these muscles daily. With all the time we sit in the car or behind a desk, we really need to make sure we maximize the effort we put into our leg routines, and stretching will do just that.
Listed below is the 6 step Short Shorts Routine. Complete each movement for 1 minute straight, and go directly to the next movement without resting. After the 5th movement, you’ll rest for 1 minute, and you’ll complete the sequence for a total of 5 times through, equaling a 30 minute workout. Like always, this routine can be done at home and can be split up throughout the day if you don’t have 30 minutes at a time. Make a promise to yourself that you’ll complete this routine at least 3 times a week and stretch daily. With this routine and some weekly cardio, you’ll be sure to see some great improvements in your legs!
1. Step Ups – Using a chair, bench, aerobics stool, sidewalk, or another type of ledge, step up with your right foot and kick your left leg back behind you, then lower your right foot back to the ground to the starting position. Complete this movement, alternating legs for 1 minute.
2. 45 Degree Lunge – Instead of completing a regular lunge with your leg straight in front of you, lunge first with your right leg at a 45 degree angle from your body, then return to the starting position. Complete this movement, alternating legs for 1 minute.
3. Squats – While keeping good form, complete as many squats as you can in 1 minute.
4. Shuffle Slide – Mark two spots on the floor about 4 yards apart from each other. Start at one of the spots, get low with your feet a little farther than shoulder width apart and shuffle back and forth between the two marked spots. Keep your back straight, chest up, legs bent and body low, and don’t cross your feet while you shuffle.
5. Wall Sits
6. Rest for 1 minute then Repeat