Looking for an easier way to kick start your metabolism? We have found it! All you have to do is eat. Certain foods have a very high thermogenic effect, so they burn calories as you chew. Other foods contain nutrients and compounds that fuel your metabolic fire. Here is a list of those foods.
1. Hot Peppers – Very spicy foods can temporarily increase your metabolism. Spice up your scrambled eggs with minced jalapeño, add a little fire to beef stew with half a Scotch bonnet pepper.
2. Whole Grain – Eating whole grain foods, such as oatmeal and brown rice, burns twice as many calories than processed foods.
3. Cinnamon – Always skipping the cinnamon? Not anymore – it’s proven that cinnamon affects your metabolic rate by helping the sugar in the blood to get into cells and to be used for energy. This means that less sugar is stored as fat and the less fat you have, the higher your metabolic rate is naturally.
4. Green Tea – The caffeine found in green tea accelerates your heart rate and speeds up your metabolism.
5. Grapefruit – Eating grapefruit can reduce insulin levels. Lower insulin levels after meals can help your body process food more quickly and efficiently, meaning you burn more calories and store less fat.
6. Almonds – Almonds may be high in calories, but they are also jam packed with essential fatty acids which are great metabolism boosters.
7. Broccoli – Broccoli is rich in both calcium and vitamin C. These two vitamins work together to help you burn calories faster and more effectively.