When it comes to exercise, one question I get asked a lot is: What is the BEST workout for losing weight? Or toning up? Or ___________________ (insert goal here).
The answer is simple. The best workout is the one you’re going to stick with! Consistency is the key to seeing results, and in order to stick with it you need to find something you LOVE to do! One of my favorite fitness gurus, Chalene Johnson, calls this finding your Soul Mate Workout.
Your soul mate workout is the one that gets your heart racing, your blood pumping, and leaves you feeling completely exhausted – but satisfied – when you’re done. (Hmmm…works for me!) If you don’t love to exercise, it just means you haven’t met your soul mate yet.
So how do you know if you’ve found your soul mate workout? Here are some tips to help you know if you’ve found “the one” or if you need to keep “dating”:
- Your soul mate workout makes you feel like you can do anything!
- Your soul mate workout should challenge you.
- Your soul mate workout makes you feel alive, sexy, and young.
- Your soul mate workout feels like a treat, even when it’s brutal.
- Time flies when you’re doing your soul mate workout.
- Your soul mate workout should awaken your spirit, clear your mind, and calm your emotions.
- You can’t help but endlessly talk about your soul mate workout.
- Your soul mate workout should give you energy, creativity, and drive.
- You can’t wait for your next workout!
Everyone has the potential to fall in love with exercise, it’s just a matter of finding what works for you!
Source: PUSH by Chalene Johnson