Ahhh….the smells of Christmas! My mom first created this aromatic pot of joy years ago and reheated it everyday during the Christmas season. Every time I smell this, it brings me back to warm family Christmas memories. This festively easy concoction is something you can make and keep on the stove all season to bring the smells of Christmas to your home.
- 2-4 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ orange, sliced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Add orange and lemon slices to dry mixture of spices.
- Put in a small sauce pan with 4 cups of water.
- Simmer on low to release the fragrance.
- If you simmer it for a few hours, you will need to add more water occasionally so it doesn’t boil dry.
- Store in refrigerator when not in use, to prevent molding.
- It can be simmered over and over again! Always add more water to equal 4 cups before each use.