Always wanted to try a sock bun, but never figured out the right way? Check out this step by step from our friends at Beautylish!
What You’ll Need:
- One sock
- Bobby pins
What You’ll Do:
First, pull your hair into a bun. Then cut off the toes of the sock, creating a doughnut shape out of the sock.
Place the sock doughnut at the very end of your ponytail and pull strands through the hole in the center of the doughnut. Starting in the front, smooth your hair over the doughnut, tucking the ends underneath as you go. Try to disperse hair evenly around the doughnut, but don’t worry about covering it.
Slowly roll the sock (along with your hair) down the ponytail until you reach the base. You should use the same motion you used to roll up the sock in the first step—flip the bottom side of the doughnut upward from the inside out with both hands. As you roll, tuck loose strands underneath the doughnut. When you reach the base, fill in gaps in the bun by gently spreading hair out.
You can tidy up the bun by using the bobby pins to pin loosen hair. To make your bun a little fuller, gently tug and tease strands from the center portion of the bun outward
- This usually works best with day-old hair because it holds better.
- Try using dry shampoo to really help hold.
- If you really want a good hold and have really long, think hair, you might want to try the bun shaper from Sally’s beauty supply.
- If it is too tight, use a comb with a tail and pull some hair up.
- Remember, practice makes perfect
For more SM Beauty Tricks click here.