Who doesn’t want a tight and toned core? In addition to looking great, a strong core really cuts down on back soreness and aches and pains, so core training isn’t just vanity, it’s healthy! We’ve compiled some of our favorite core-strengthening exercises to get you baring your belly and standing straighter than ever.
1. Superman: This move really challenges your core and endurance. Click here to learn how to do it.
2. Bicycle Crunches: Not only does this move target your abs, but it also gets your hip flexors and glutes! Remember to engage your core instead of pulling with your neck or back. Click here to learn how to do bicycle crunches.
3. Toe Touch: Again, make sure you’re engaging your core, not your neck. If you’re feeling a pull in your neck, refocus your energy into your abs. Click here to learn how.
4. Wood Choppers: The wood chopper is a great move because not only is it great for your abs, but it target all the other main muscles in your body! Here’s how to do it.
5. Boat Pose: Incorporating yoga into this workout really helps with your strength and balance! Here’s how to do it.
6. Bridge: This move will ensure that your hamstrings and glutes are feeling the burn as well as your abs! Learn how to do it by clicking here.7. Mountain Climbers: Mountain climbers will work your core as well as get your heart rate up for maximum fat-burning! Click here for details.
To see more challenging core moves, click “next” below!