Don’t show up to the first summer neighborhood bash with chips and dip. With these 9 recipes, you will impress your neighbors’ taste buds and their waistlines. We have the classic chicken pot pie madeover and topped with savory sweet potatoes, and even a sweet summer fave, the key lime pie. Be sure not to tell them they are skinny until after they’ve had their second helpings!
Click the title of the recipe for full cooking instructions.
1. Gluten-Free Chicken Potpie with Sweet Potato Topping by Spry Living: Savory chicken and fresh vegetables make this one delectable pot pie. The fluffy, sweet potato topping is like icing on the cake!
2. Skinny Tex Mex Casserole: A couple of Healthy Campbell’s soups are transformed into a cheesy, spicy casserole in 35 minutes. Only 374 calories in 1/8 of the pan and under 11 grams of fat! It’s also packed with 20 grams of protein.
3. Skinny Mediterranean Pasta Toss by The Shrinking Kitchen: Zucchini, dried Italian herbs and artichoke hearts sprinkled with feta make this pasta toss one texture packed Greek dish. Luckily it’s under 300 cals and 3 grams of fat, so if you wanted an extra spoonful it’s not going to ruin your diet!
4. Healthy Chicken Pot Stickers by Our Family Eats: These pot stickers are filled with broccoli slaw and seasoned with a hint of ginger and some garlic cloves.
5. Skinny Buffalo Wing Hummus: Get the perfect amount of buffalo sauce to spice up your hummus. This really does taste like the restaurant wings, only it’s under 100 calories!
6. Cranberry-Sauced Meatball Appetizers by Better Homes and Gardens: At 45 calories a pop and only 1 gram of fat, these sweet turkey meatballs are a perfect spring potluck dish. Easy to cook and even easier to eat.
7. Grown Up Macaroni and (Cashew) Cheese by One Ingredient Chef: Looking for a quick 20 minute dish? Look no further. This cashew crusted whole wheat macaroni pasta is it. Sprinkled with juicy sun-dried tomatoes and some garlic, you can update and transform this American classic.
8. Skinny Pineapple Sweet Potatoes: We had to include a potato mash! So, we picked our sweet and tangy pineapple sweet potato recipe. It’s so delicious it will impress the “meat and potato” fan!
9. Skinny Key Lime Pie: How can you not love this zesty, creamy classic? We have cut the calories nearly in half for this skinny version.