We are all busy wives, moms, partners, and/or business women, but most of all, we’re human. Often forgetting about ourselves, we rush throughout the day and we pick up a burger instead of a salad, we put off exercising and we overwork ourselves to exhaustion. Eventually, these bad habits will start to take a toll. With these 7 tips, you can easily start to live a healthier life, today! Being super woman is great, but being a healthier super woman is better.
1. Exercise: After the kids go to bed, that’s my quiet time and exercising is the last thing I want to do. But, just taking a couple minutes to jog in place, do crunches or push ups can make a huge difference during an hour show a couple times a week. (photo credit: here)
2. Eat Healthier: Some small changes I’ve made are: white to wheat, adding more veggies to casseroles and when I have a sweet tooth, grabbing a piece of fruit. These small steps will go a long way.
3. Sleep: For the longest time, I couldn’t remember the last time I got 8 hours. According to Web MD, studies have shown that women have less stress if they get a full nights sleep. (photo credit: here)
4. Keep a food diary: Knowing everything I put in my mouth has helped me make better choices. I couldn’t believe 16oz of cranberry juice has just as many calories as half a snickers! It holds me accountable.
6. Improve your relationships: Sometimes we don’t notice that the lack of people around us is unhealthy. Find a group that focuses on something that you like. Participating in mentally stimulating activities, especially activities that involve other people, may be good for the brain, according to Web MD.
7. Take a hot bath: We all have days when nothing goes right. According to Web MD, a hot bath will heat up your core body temperature, but when you get out of the bath, your core temperature will fall, which may help you get to sleep. (photo credit: here)