You are a busy lady! You’ve got work, errands, kids AND trying to live a healthy lifestyle? No wonder you are tired all the time! Next time you have a busy day planned, try squeezing some of these foods into your meal to help you fight fatigue!
1. Spinach: Spinach has a lot of iron which is a key ingredient for feeling energized! Eating a spinach salad for lunch or adding a ton of spinach into a smoothie on the go will help to keep you from getting into that afternoon slump. For some great smoothie recipes, click here!
2. Beans: Beans are a super high fiber food that qualifies as a protein and a complex carb. These can easy be incorporated as a side dish, in a salad or even in pasta!
3. Eggs: Not only are they packed with protein, but they are a cheap high energy food. It’s one of the best protein sources out there, but don’t be scared of the yolk because it’s packed with vitamin B and vitamin D. Starting your day off with an egg can give you the energy you need to get going!
4. Almonds: These crunchy little nuts are packed with nutrition! Protein, Omega-3, Omega-6, copper, riboflavin, etc. Almonds will help you keep moving when you are feeling tired! These are great to keep in your purse or your desk at work. Be careful not to over eat them though since they are high in fat. Click here for a great almond trail mix from Skinny Mom.
5. Edamame: They contain a lot of Vitamin B and also have protein, carbs and fiber. One cup of edamame is about 17 grams of protein! This makes a great addition to a meal or can be eaten as an afternoon snack!
6. Oats: Oats will transform the carbs into energy. It also has the energizing vitamin B. Oats also have a low glycemic index which means that it will release energy, slowly but steady. Avoid instant packs and go for steel-cut oats. Click here for Skinny Slow Cooker Oats recipe.
7. Bananas: Bananas are packed with potassium, natural sugars and have a great blend of vitamins and minerals. Bananas are a great fuel any time of the day!
If you want more energy booster while lessening your daily caffeine intake, check out 9 Alternatives for Quick Energy.