If you can’t afford a trip to Hawaii or even Florida, don’t worry about it! Your family can still have tons of fun–and save a few extra bucks. Staycations are such a great way to spend time with your loved ones, because it really is up to everyone to be creative and have fun! Rather than panicking over an itinerary, you create the plan as you go.
Here are 6 Super Staycation ideas to get you started:
- Camping in the backyard: Get that camping experience without ever leaving home! Pitch a tent in the backyard, and enjoy nature with the whole family. Plus, you get to enjoy the comfort of your own bathroom, which is never a bad thing!
- Explore your city: Sometimes our hometowns have exciting and informational places to visit that we never think of. Local magazines are fantastic resources for these. Check out regional magazines as well. Grab the kids and pick different spots of interest. If it’s where you or your husband grew up, take them on a personal tour of special places of meaning for you!
- Craft Day: Always wanted to do crafts with your kids, but never had the time? Set a staycation day aside devoted soley to crafts. Let your kids pick or pull ideas. Pinterest is the perfect place to look! Have the kids create their own boards and aim to achieve at least 5 of them.
- Make a Carnival: Use everyday items around your house to make a perfect carnival right in your living room! From the classic ring toss to the cup games, they are fairly cheap to recreate! Buy a pack of party favors for budget friendly prizes. Don’t forget to have a photo booth with dress up outfits and mustache props to commemorate the moment!
- Spa Day: Take a day for yourself and visit your local spa. Being a mom is tough work, and you deserve that break every now and then!
- Go on a bicycle adventure: Get some fun exercise and have a blast to boot! Explore nearby trails or simply bike through your town. Be sure to keep it fun, have some friendly races or pick different leaders.
What’s your favorite staycation? Is there something we missed? Be sure to let us know!