Leather has not left the wardrobe yet, ladies. We have still seen a ton of leather accents on dresses and jackets with fab spring prints and colors.
But, leather isn’t always an agreed upon fashionable choice. With this month being our green month, we want to encourage you to buy a more eco-friendly option. There are tons of great sustainable clothing lines like Threads, who donates to other third world countries and works with such charities as the International Rescue Committee. But, you can lighten up your leather with a faux leather option. Bonus: faux leather is cheaper and you don’t have to freak out if you get caught in April’s showers. Also, look for leather accents. This will give you the hard, edgy look you want without supporting a ton of manufactured products.
Here are the 6 accents we are loving:
- Pleated Dresses and Waistlines: A good leather edge on a solid color dress is both chic and edgy.
- Wrap Bracelets: Boho and Cali charms are back. These beautiful bracelets are amazing to add to literally any outfit. They give less edge and more free-spirit.
- Wrap Bracelets for a Cause: GoodWork(s) bracelets are just one example of fashion for a cause. Sales from the bracelets are pledged to charitable causes, including their Tools for School Campaign– an initiative that will provide 10,000 backpacks and school supplies to low-income students across 3 school districts.
- Necklaces: Tribal chic is a big trend this spring. Look for Aztec inspired shaped.
- Flats: Explore the gladiator sandal. Find ones with fabric wrapped details and color pops.
- Military Jackets: These are good mid-weight spring jackets. The faux leather sleeves give it a more polished look.
Find the looks on our Polyvore profile here!