Despite all your good intentions, it’s back… that craving for the salty crunch of your favorite potato chips has come once again. But wait! Before you reach for the potato chips, try these satisfying, healthy alternatives!
1. Kale Chips from David Lebovitz : Kale chips have become one of the most popular potato chip substitutes and for good reason. They are simple to make, nutrition-packed and delicious… a great way to curb that craving.
3. Roasted Chickpeas from Modern Parents Messy Kids: High in protein, super filling and yummy, you really can’t go wrong with these crunchy treats. You can season them however you would like and these four different versions are a great place to start.
4. Skinny Baked Sweet Potato Chips from Skinny Mom: Sweet potatoes are higher in nutrition than regular potatoes. These chips are easy to make and hard to resist.
5. Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn from Supermom: Popcorn is a whole grain and the perfect snack. This version is easy to make, cheap and ready for you to add your own seasonings, or just eat straight up!
6. Homemade Potato Chips from Naturally Ella: If just nothing else will satisfy the craving, why not make your own? Chips made at home will have much less sodium and other processed ingredients than the store bought kind, and baked is much better for you than fried. Homemade food always tastes so much better, too!