I teach high school, coach boys’ Varsity tennis, assist my husband with our church, write several blogs and cart around two of the most adorable boys on the planet to their various sports and school functions. Even though I’m hardly ever home, I love to cook…I mean, love. However, living 20 minutes from the nearest grocery store makes quick and frequent trips difficult! Therefore, I’m always finding ways to simplify my weekly menu and shopping list. I can’t be the only one out there that strives to find the perfect balance between everything going on in their life so I’m going to share a few of my favorite healthy recipes that require 5 ingredients or less with you! I hope at least one makes your life at least a little bit easier!
1. Baked Chicken Fajitas: Okay, technically this recipe has more than five ingredients but I simplify it by buying the prepackaged fajita mix (already sliced bell peppers, etc.) and a package of fajita seasoning. It’s so easy and yummy! You can also throw it all in your slow cooker if you want it to simmer during the day. If not, it only takes about 20 minutes in the oven. Get the recipe here!
2. Mustard Crusted Salmon: My boys are not big fish eaters which is a bit hard for this Florida-raised gal to understand. Every now and then I’m able to sneak in some real seafood as opposed to the breaded fish sticks that my youngest loves to eat. When I do, it’s normally salmon something. Here is one of my favorite salmon recipes. Get the recipe here!
3. Individual Salsa Meat Loaves: Meatloaf is huge in our house. Huge. I can make just about any kind of meat loaf that you can think of and I guarantee my boys will eat it. This one is super easy and if you’re feeling adventurous, you can make your own salsa. Get the recipe here!
4. Herbed Spaghetti Squash: This recipe is for all of my vegetarian friends. We like to do Meatless Monday’s in our house and this is one of our all-time favorite recipes. I like to add some diced tomatoes to the recipe and I use a little less butter than this recipe calls for. Get the recipe here!
5. Tomato-Basil Pizza: My husband and children would live on pizza if I allowed them. The good thing about pizza is that you can individualize it for the recipient. Here is a really simple base recipe to use on your pizza night. I like to use whole wheat pizza crust when making ours. Get the recipe here!