I’m not sure how anyone can get their fitness on without tunes! Music totally drives the soul and sets a mood. There are definitely times I’m dragging and don’t feel like working out but if I get some good music going, I can definitely get into it. Dance or hip-hop totally gets me motivated for cardio or body-weight resistance type workouts and if I’m lifting weights my beast mode is on so I need some hard rock! (photo credit here)
Here is my current Top 5 for dance/hip-hop (some new, some older):
1. Nikki Williams – Glowing (Cazzette Remix or Fedde Le Grand Remix)
2. David Guetta ft Kelly Rowland – When Love Takes Over
3. Rihanna – Where Have You Been
4. Afrojack ft Chris Brown – As Your Friend (clean version is available)
5. Justin Timberlake – Shirt & Tie
Bonus: Ellie Goulding – Burn
Here is my current Top 5 for rock/punk (most of these are older):
1. P.O.D. – Boom
2. Bullet for My Valentine – Tears Don’t Fall
3. Skindred – Rat Race
4. Rage Against The Machine – Bulls On Parade
5. System of a Down – Chop Suey!
Bonus: Memphis May Fire – Grenade (Bruno Mars cover)
What are your fave dance or rock hits that get you fired up for workouts?