Part of being a busy mom is being on-the-go constantly, and here at Skinny Mom we understand the pressure that puts on one’s diet! It’s important to make sure you’re getting the fuel you need to keep going throughout the day, and a quick snack is sometimes just the thing you need. However, quick snacks can often appear in the form of fast food, processed food, or something you know you shouldn’t be eating. So next time you’re in a hurry or your stomach is telling you it’s time for a snack, choose one of these SM approved snacks that are under 200 calories! The important thing to remember with any of these snacks is to follow the serving size, and make sure you’re choosing skinny options. So enjoy, and snack on!
1. Jolly Time Butter-Light Pop Corn: Popcorn is a light and guilt-free snack, as long as it isn’t covered in butter and salt! Jolly Time Butter-Light is a perfect snack for popcorn lovers who aren’t trying to deal with the guilt buttery popcorn brings. Each new flavor offers us health-conscious snackers the best of both worlds — bold, buttery taste without the trans fats, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils! Good news for gluten-free snackers as well. Jolly Time Pop Corn is a gluten-free tasty treat and an easy way to add whole grains into your diet. Interested in trying Jolly Time Pop Corn AND winning grand prize gifts from Lululemon, Netflix, Fitbit and more? Check out Jolly Time contest guidelines below.
2. Weight Watcher’s String Cheese & Fruit: Weight Watcher’s String Cheese is a staple in my house, and it’s one of my favorite on-the-go snacks! It’s not the most filling snack alone though, so I often pair it with whatever fruit I have on hand. The WW String Cheese is only 50 calories, and an average apple comes in at about 95, only putting this snack at 145 calories!
3. Baby Carrots & Low-Fat Ranch Dressing: I love carrots and ranch, and when I was younger I enjoyed it with almost every meal! To meet the 200 calorie limit, serving size is 28 baby carrots (98 calories) and 1 Tbsp of low-fat ranch dressing (45 calories)! If you want to avoid low-fat or fat-free options, try the yogurt based dressings or enjoy with some hummus or cottage cheese instead.
4. Special K Original Cereal: I love Special K cereal, and sometimes the perfect snack is a little taste of breakfast! A serving size of Special K original is only 110 calories, and if you add 1/2 cup of skim milk, it only adds 45 to that! Sometimes I munch on Special K dry, which is even better for the calorie countage! No matter what your favorite healthy cereal is, it’s a great snack, just be sure to check the calories and stop yourself from eating half the box!
5. Blue Diamond Almonds: Blue Diamond is famous for it’s delicious and healthy almonds and for good reason! Their oven-roasted, sea-salt almonds are only 170 calories per serving size! Try my favorite Skinny Fruit & Almond Trail Mix for a super tasty and quick on-the-go snack!
6. Yoplait Yogurt & Granola: This is another one of my favorite snacks…especially to take to work! I LOVE that all the yoplait yogurts have the calories listed right on the front of the container, and I always choose flavors that are light or whipped! I combine my yogurt with a serving size of healthy granola. My favorite granola is a homemade one, but I encourage you to find one that you favor, or make your own so you know exactly what is going into it.
7. Fruit: When I get a stubborn sweet tooth I like to squash the temptation with a healthy fruit salad. The important thing here is portion size. While fruit is about as healthy as you can get as far as snacks go, the calories can get out of control if you aren’t aware of how much you’re eating.
8. QuestBar Protein Bar: Protein bars are a staple snack for me because they’re super filling and an easy, on-the-go grab! Eating a protein bar will last me all afternoon, and I won’t even realize I’m hungry again until dinner! My favorite one, the QuestBar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar is 190 calories and packed with protein, fiber and other nutrients! But, I’ve heard the newest addition to the QuestBar family, the White Chocolate Raspberry, is absolutely divine! (photo credit here)
9. Special K Granola Bar: Special K strikes again with another amazingly good snack! This granola bar is only 90 calories!
10. Multi-Grain Wheat Thins: Wheat Thins are my favorite cracker, and there are so many flavors and choices to choose from! Their multi-grain crackers are only 140 calories a serving size! Yummy & healthy? Yes, please!
11. Popchips-Originial Flavor: If you’ve never tried Popchips, you’re seriously missing out! When I’m craving potato chips (which is seriously all the time) I often turn to these delicious goodies! I definitely get my crunchy, salty fix but my inner health goddess is pleased with the nutrition. One bag of original flavored Popchips is only 100 calories!
12. Frozen Grapes: Frozen grapes are ideal for summer, and they’re my favorite poolside snack! It’s a perfect way to change up your fruit intake as well! One cup of frozen red or green grapes is only 104 calories! I also love adding frozen berries to the mix!
13. Apple Cinnamon Crunch Soy Crisps: These yummy soy chips are perfect for a sweet-tooth craving! One bag only comes to 110 calories!
14. Cottage Cheese & Pineapple: A serving size of lowfat cottage cheese is only 81 calories and topping it with a serving size of Fresh Naturals Pineapple chunks (70 calories) makes it a perfect, low-cal sweet snack!
15. Raw Celery & Almond Butter: This classic snack has gone skinny! One cup of raw celery is only 19 calories, and paired with 1 Tbsp of almond butter (102 calories) this snack is a perfect, low-cal option!
16. Kale Chips: If you’ve never tried kale chips before it’s definitely something to look into! A serving size of Naked’s Kale chips is only 141 calories! But I love to make my own. They are super simple and seriously addicting! To change up the flavors, I switch between spicy and Italian seasoning flavored kale chips. Get Crispy Kale Chips recipe here.
17. Smartfood Cranberry Almond Popcorn Clusters: A serving size of this delicious snack from Smartfood is only 120 calories, and it’s absolutely delicious!
18. Chobani Greek Yogurt & Nutella: Weird combination, I know.. but don’t scoff just yet! The sweetness of the nutella mixed with the unique flavor of original Greek yogurt is a combination you won’t be sorry you tried! A serving of Chobani’s Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt is only 100 calories, and 1 Tbsp of Hazelnut Nutella spread is only 100 as well! Mix them together and voila!
19. Quaker Oats Rice Cake & Nutella: This dynamic duo is the perfect quick snack and I sometimes even eat it as a dessert when I’m craving something sweet! One Caramel Corn Rice Cake is only 50 calories, and 1 Tbsp of Hazelnut Nutella is only 100!
20. Skinny Tropical Fruit Smoothie from Skinny Mom: Of course, where better to look for low-cal treats than Skinny Mom?! This perfect-for-summer tropical smoothie is only 173.8 calories and it is super easy to whip up!
Jolly Time Contest [now expired!]: Who said healthy living can’t be fun? Join Jolly Time Pop Corn and Smart Balance over the next month on a quest to nurture healthier lifestyles through exercise, rest, diet and community. Through a simple form on the Jolly Time Facebook tab, enter weekly for a chance to win a fun and healthful prize pack or one of 75 FREE coupons to try the new Jolly Time Butter and Butter Light Microwave Pop corn made with the Smart Balance unique blend of oils. The contest runs until July 15. Grand prizes include Lululemon, Netflix, Fitbit and more, so be sure to enter every day at http://www.Facebook.com/JollyTimePopCorn
Disclaimer: I have been compensated for this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.