If you’re hitting the roads this summer you’ll need snacks and beverages to keep you and the family going and keep your travel space clean! These snacks usually consist of fatty chips, sodas, and frequent stops at fast food restaurants. You know you’ll want to look your best at the beach, the lake or wherever you may be heading, so try some of these lighter options that even your kids will love!
1. Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds 100 Calorie Packs are so delicious it’s hard to believe they’re only 100 calories! These tasty snacks will inspire your kids to eat almonds! The cocoa powder will leave them asking for more. (photo credit here)
2. Yoplait Low-Fat Yogurt is a great substitute for when you’re craving ice cream. It’s a refreshing treat that will keep you cool and satisfied while in the car. And this low calorie snack is guilt free!
3. Del Monte Fruit Naturals Cups can be found in the fresh produce section at your local grocery store and once you give them a try you’ll wonder why you ever bought canned fruit. These cups are a delicious and convenient snack for any car ride! (photo credit here)
4. Green Giant MultiGrain Sweet Potato Chips aren’t your normal potato chips so you won’t be afraid to look at the nutrition label. The chips come in many different flavors so you’ll be sure to find one that you love. (photo credit here)
5. Mott’s No-Sugar- Added Healthy Harvest Applesauce is a great source of Vitamin C, with no artificial sweeteners, and no added sugar. This treat is not only healthy but tasty as well and the perfect size to throw in a cooler. (photo credit here)
6. Wheat Thins has been a popular snack for ages but with their wide range of products and flavors to choose from now they are more loved than ever. The baked snack is super healthy and they will satisfy the whole family! (photo credit here)
7. The Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Cheese makes eating right fun and easy! These cheese wheels only have 50 calories and are great alone or with fruit, veggies, or crackers. This is a great snack that will keep you satisfied until your next rest stop. (photo credit here)
8. Diet Snapple is famous for its delicious tea and now you can enjoy the same great taste with fewer calories. This is perfect for a sunny day in the car! This light drink comes in many flavors and now in convenient plastic bottles perfect for traveling. (photo credit here)
9. Back to Nature Mini Chocolate Chunk Cookies are perfect for you chocolate lovers! Made without high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils, you’ll feel good about indulging in a 130 calorie portion pack. Not only will you love these cookies but your children are sure to love them too! (photo credit here)
10. Crystal Light on the Go transforms boring water into a tasty and refreshing drink. You can find these packets in just about any flavor and are easy to throw into a purse or even a pocket! It’s also a great way to get your kids to drink more water! (photo credit here)