Make planning your trip to the Lone Star State as simple as possible by incorporating a variety of family activities in Dallas into your itinerary. With various indoor and outdoor things to do in Dallas with kids, it’s easy to plan fun and wholesome activities for everyone in the family.
1. The Dallas World Aquarium: View exotic birds, endangered animals and a variety of sea life when you take the family to the aquarium. Children under three are admitted for free.
2. Celebration Station: Plan for an entire day of fun with a visit to Celebration Station. Between arcade games, bumper boats, laser tag, go-karts, paintball, miniature golf and a climbing rock wall, this is a must-visit destination just ten miles outside of Dallas.
3. Dallas Zoo: Home to over 2,000 animals representing 406 species, a trip to the zoo is one of the top family activities in Dallas. See endangered tigers, koala bears, penguin cove and more.
4. Dallas Arboretum: Considered one of the most beautiful outdoor attractions in the area, guests can walk among seasonal flowers, shrubs and trees set around White Rock Lake Park (see below). Many outdoor festivals, concerts and shows are held year round at the arboretum.
5. The Museum of the American Railroad: For families interested in trains (such as Thomas!), the Museum of the American Railroad is one of the best things to do in Dallas with kids. Celebrate the history and future of the railroad industry with exhibits and education programs.
6. Sci-Tech Discover Center: With the goal of inspiring younger generations to appreciate and explore science, math and technology, Sci-Tech features hands-on experiences designed to spark a lifelong interest.
7. White Rock Lake Park: Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities at this 1,015 acre city lake including hiking and biking trails, scenic picnic areas, fishing, bird watching and more.
8. Medieval Times: This dinner show provides a world of entertainment for family members of all ages. Watch jousting tournaments during your four-course meal, and take in the costumes and décor.
9. Bahama Beach Waterpark: Cool off during the hot summer days at this Dallas waterpark. With a lazy river, plenty of shade, water slides and more, take the kids for an afternoon of fun.
10. Speed Zone: Race your kids on one of our many tracks, or challenge them to an arcade game at Electric Alley. Speed Zone also offers indoor bowling machines, a roller coaster and food.
Enjoy family time together
Now that you’ve found fun activities to enjoy together during your trip, make sure your auto insurance is up to date with adequate coverage before you go. It’s easy to get a car insurance quote online or by calling a local agent. Ask about discounts you may be eligible for, which can help put a little extra money back in your pocket to spend on your trip.
Sponsored content was created and provided by Nationwide Insurance.