1. Visit the Buffalo Zoo: This is a full day activity. With all the different animals, and now Luna the baby Polar Bear, there are endless things to see.
2. Take in some art at the Elmwood Art Festival: I absolutely love walking up and down Elmwood looking at all the wares that people have made. This summer, I’ll be putting Emmett in his stroller and hiting the street to see all that we can see.
3. Enjoy Shakespeare in Delaware Park: I know you might not think that Shakespeare is for kids, but I assure you, this is. It is an outdoor amphitheater where you can set up your chair, sit back and relax. While you’re watching the show, there is a playground for the kids to enjoy.4. Take in a Bisons Game: What says summer more than a baseball game under the big lights? While in the area, why not cheer on our local team!? (photo credit here)
5. Grow your mind at the Buffalo Museum of Science: Right now they have “Body Worlds Vital” on display along with all of their other normal installations. I remember going to the science museum many times as a child and it was always such fun to see and experience.
6. Looking to enjoy a day of beautiful and artistic sites? Visit the Albright Knox Art Gallery: Currently they have 4 different exhibits going on. And get this, every first Friday of the month is FREE!
7. Just a short 30 minute drive away, we have one of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world, Niagara Falls: Make the drive – I promise that you will absolutely not be disappointed. Watching thousands and thousands gallons of water flow over into the Niagara River is truly breathtaking.While in the area visit any of the surrounding restaurants or tourist spots and make it a full day trip. (photo credit here)
8. Take a ride at Darien Lake: Work up a sweat riding all of the rides, then cool off in the water park and end your trip in any one of their 3 lodging options.
9. Gardens and flowers more your thing? Be sure to check out the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens: I’ve been to the Gardens more times than I can count and each time I find some new and beautiful flower or plant. I promise you will be amazed at all there is to see.
10. Want a day of fun in the sun? Visit one of the Buffalo area public beaches. My personal favorite is the Beaver Island State Park. They have something for everyone, a well-kept and guarded beach, a golf course, frisbee golf and pavilions for picnics. A little something for everyone!
So which activity is first on your list?