Curried Turkey and Sweet Potato Stew
On a chilly fall night, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of stew. My Curried Turkey & Sweet Potato Stew, is hearty and oh so SIMPLE to make. It will definitely hit the spot and make your house smell FABULOUS!!
Curried Turkey & Sweet Potato Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups of cauliflower pieces
- 3 big handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cup frozen peas
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the ground turkey and cook the meat until brown.
- Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion begins to color a bit.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and combine well. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in spices, water, and the sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add spinach, diced tomatoes and peas. Mix well and cover the pot. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add salt, if needed, to taste.
- Optional: Top with a spoonful of non-fat greek yogurt and a Tbsp of toasted cashews
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com