PB and Fruit Protein Balls
Who doesn’t love peanut butter and jam!?! These Pb & Fruit Protein Balls are a nice way to enjoy the flavors you love, while getting in a little extra protein!! They are the PERFECT snack to give my kids energy before playing hockey. Also GREAT as a pre/post workout snack for myself.
Pb & Fruit Protein Balls!!
- 1 cup dried fruit - I used chopped apricots & raisins
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter ( no sugar/no salt)
- 1 cup large flake oats ( not instant)
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix until combined - I like to use my hands and knead the mixture into a big ball. ( if mixture is a little dry, slowly add a little more almond milk, about 1tsp at a time. you DO NOT want the mixture too wet.
- With clean hands, pull apart about 1 Tbsp full and start forming 1 inch balls place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place and store prepared balls in the fridge .
- Or transfer to a freezer safe container. .I keep mine in the freezer, no need to thaw, they are ready to pop in your mouth and eat!!
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com