Are you overloaded with bags of festive candy corn? Mmmm…just the thought of them makes me drool. Though the sweet, chewy candy is now offered all year round, it seems like it is at its freshest in the fall. Warning: probably not the most healthy recipe that I have ever shared on skinnymom, but it sure sounds amazing, plus it will take care of the candy corn clutter. You’re welcome! I am giddy to share this recipe from the lovely and talented, Siri Pinter. In her blog, SIRIously delicious, she shares a recipe for homemade Butterfingers using–you guessed it—candy corn! So use up that extra candy corn and make some treats to share!
- 3 cups of candy corn
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Melt the candy corn in the microwave for one minute, and then 15 second intervals until melted.
- Immediately add peanut butter and stir well.
- Place mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper and smooth mixture with spatula.
- Place pan in the refrigerator and let cool and harden for about an hour.
- Remove and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Dip each bar in the chocolate and place on parchment paper to dry. Enjoy!
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com