As a stay at home Mom, my house was always sparkly clean because I had the time. Now that I am a working military wife and mother along with a college student, I can barely find the time to put on makeup, let alone clean! But then again, I always find time to clean because 1) I am a neat freak 2) I have high anxiety when things are not put away 3) I like organization 4) I own my first home!
Some toddler (and husband) cleaning tips:
- If they are old enough to walk, they are old enough to put away their dishes. Start now and they will save you time.
- Let your children (and husband) help you clean. (My daughter wipes off the kitchen table and anything else that she can wipe – ie. toilets, bathtubs, cabinets)
- While your husband cuts the grass and your child naps, you can clean the house.
Busy Mom cleaning tips:
- Clean at nap time and after kids bedtime
- If you don’t have time to clean the whole house in one day, set aside a day for each.
-Tuesday: Family Room
-Wednesday: Kids Rooms
-Friday: Drink a glass of wine…or four
-Saturday: Relax (haha) or in my family it is Grocery store day
- Stick to a schedule so you don’t feel overwhelmed to do all the chores at once
- Save one weekend a month to deep clean a certain area (i.e shampooing carpets, washing baseboards, etc.)
- Clean while watching your favorite TV show
MOST OF ALL REMEMBER THE DISHES CAN WAIT, BUT YOUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER BE THIS AGE AGAIN <3
Photo Credit: http://www.quickandsimple.com