When I was pregnant with my second baby, I took all the steps to maintain a healthy and active pregnancy such as: walking, swimming, and participating in activities with my toddler. I wanted to be able to get back to my pre-pregnancy shape as fast as possible, not only to look and feel better but also to have the ability to keep up with my new life with two kids under three.
During the last 3 months of my pregnancy, my husband introduced a vitamin/mineral regimen into his diet. I must be honest, I was very skeptical because I have never personally seen results when using supplements. However, once I began to see the results that he was getting, mainly the weight loss of 25 pounds, I was sold and wanted to start immediately. So, as soon as I had my little angel, I introduced them into my life as well. The first thing I noticed after taking the vitamin/mineral supplements was an almost IMMEDIATE reduction in my appetite. The reason I saw a reduction in my appetite was because I was finally getting the vitamins & minerals my body needed. The food supply in America is generally calorie dense & nutrient deficient, therefore, leaving your body in a perpetual state of starvation. The second thing I noticed was the increase in my energy levels. Here I was, a mom with a newborn and toddler experiencing more energy than I’ve ever had. I honestly was very shocked at the way I was feeling, especially since I have always been a ”RedBull and Mountain Dew mom” (not while I was pregnant, of course) and NEVER had enough energy or motivation to carry me throughout the day.
The main vitamin supplements we use are:
- Beyond Tangy Tangerine: Contains a base of Majestic Earth® Plant Derived Minerals® blended with vitamins, amino acids, and other beneficial nutrients to make a balanced and complete daily supplement.
- Benefits: More energy, a natural appetite suppressant because your body is not starved of the essential vitamins & minerals, healthier hair/skin/nails, better overall mood, healthy immune, cardiovascular, and digestive system.
- Pollen Burst: The world’s first energy drink powered by flower pollen. Featuring vitamin D and the powerful antioxidant SOD, this great-tasting natural orange-flavored drink helps the body fight damage by free radicals, toxins, and other environmental factors.
- Benefits: Energy ALL day long (you will never need coffee, sodas or energy drinks), contains cancer fighting ingredients, relieves stress, increases focus.. did I mention energy ALL day long?!
- Triple Treat Chocolate (my healthy/ FANTASTIC little treat): Blends antioxidant-rich cocoa and wild-craft blueberries with probiotics, live bacteria that improve your intestinal balance of good versus bad microorganisms, promoting the immune system and overall health.
- Benefits: It’s chocolate AND it’s healthy…need I say more?! It’s dark chocolate packed full of antioxidants and probiotics. Excellent for women’s health and sanity
Now 3 months after having my baby, I have lost all of the 30lbs. I gained during pregnancy plus 7 additional lbs. Not to mention, my hair is SO shiny, healthy, and growing like CRAZY! My skin is more clear than it has EVER been, and I have noticed a reduction in the fine lines I was starting to see. Today, I tried on size 7 jeans from college and I could actually button them. They were tight, but hey, after two kids I’ll take it! :) My goal is to lose another 10-15 and then maintain my weight loss with continuing my daily routine of eating healthy, staying active, and taking the proper vitamins and minerals.
You can find all of these products and much more here.
As always, please feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected]
If you have ANY questions or comments I would love to hear them!!