Back to School means back to a schedule. Sometimes that schedule barely let’s us sleep, let alone make sure what we are sending in the those brown paper bags is healthy! Skinny Mom searched the web for some current packed-lunch trends. These ideas are healthy alternatives. Some suggest new presentation ideas for the basics, others spice up side dips and some are even kid-friendly. Not just “kid-approved,” but “kid-creatable.” Your lil boys n’ gals can even help prep their lunches the night before! Cheers to teaching good habits early, right? Get your pencils out and start next week’s grocery list!
1. Steak and Veggie Pitas from Chef Mom: sandwich swap AND kids can even build it themselves!
2. Creamy-Basil Dip by This Chick Cooks: Sick of packing ranch to ensure the kiddos eat their veggies?
Check more of her ideas out!
3. Freezer Smoothies by Food for My Family: thaws to the perfect blend by lunchtime!
4. Bento Lunch Box How-To by Alphamom: Sometimes it’s all about the presentation!
5. Homemade Corn Tortilla by Lite Bite: Healthy-take on kid fave.
6. 3-ways with Pasta for the School Lunchbox by Goodlife Eats
7. Homemade Gummy Fruit Snacks by All Day I Dream About Food
8. Ham-Vegetable-Roll Up by Week of Menus
9. Trail Mix by Chic Mommy
10. No-Bake Chocolate Protein Bites by This Lunch Rox. A guilt-free, devilish little dessert trick.
Hope you all can find a healthy new option for your tots, teens and everything in-between!