I LOVE Larabars. I love the taste and I love that they contain fewer ingredients than I can count on one hand. But, as with any prepackaged nutrition bars, they can get expensive. Especially when your kids discover their yummy, chewy goodness.
Here is an easy, personalized recipe that uses ingredients that you may already have around the house. In addition to my ideas, feel brave enough to try some of your own!
This is the easiest healthy recipe that I have ever made and can totally satisfy a sweet tooth without ANY of the guilt. Keep this one handy!
- • 2 Cups (pitted dates, raisins, dried cherries, craisins, dried figs)
- • 1 Cup (raw, unsalted cashews, peanuts or walnuts)
- • optional: 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, coconut or almond butter
- • optional: dark chocolate chips, flaked coconut
- 1. Pulverize nuts in a food processor.
- 2. Add either pre-chopped dates or figs, or whichever dried fruit you've chosen.
- 3. Process until the mixture begins to bond.
- 4. Add any final, optional ingredients of your choice and process until fully bonded.
- 5. Turn mixture out into saran wrap-lined loaf pan. Press into pan.
- 6. Slice into bars and store separately wrapped bars in an airtight container.
- 7. Enjoy!
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
*photo credit, AnaHelenaCampbell.com