Give ordinary rice a little kick with chopped onions and jalapeno peppers. This recipe for Jalapeno Brown Rice is really easy to make, and I love serving it along side my Sweet Jalapeno Salmon. If you are not a fan of the heat from fresh jalapeno peppers, you can easily swap them out for the no heat pickled jalapeno peppers. Enjoy!
- 1 cup brown rice (I used instant)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- In a medium sauce pan, add chopped onion and extra virgin olive oil and saute for 1-2 minutes until onion softens.
- Add in chopped jalapeno peppers and saute for another minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and stir. Bring to a boil.
- While mixture is boiling add in brown rice and stir.
- Cover rice and reduce heat to low and cook for 5-7 minutes for instant rice.
- Remove rice from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and mix before serving.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com